View towards sea
View towards sea
- Bedrooms: 9 bedrooms - 5 king-size/double, 3 twin and 1 single
- Bathrooms: 3 bathrooms
- Changeover day: Saturday
- Pets welcome: no
- Wifi Internet: yes
This magnificent and very comfortable family home is set in an acre of lovely gardens and bluebell woodland. It is surrounded by a further three acres within the Llanfendigaid Estate - scenic farmland with magnificent views of beautiful scenery and glimpses of the sea. There is a small sand and shingle beach nearby and even a 'private' request train station on the Barmouth line.
Llanfendigaid is listed by CADW as Grade II* - an award only given to historic houses of exceptional interest and quality. The house has also been awarded 4 Stars by Visit Wales. This large and elegant holiday rental house is packed full of antiques, history and character - it is well loved and has a warm friendly feel. It is immaculately clean and the bathrooms are newly fitted although some parts of the house are a little 'shabby chic' - this doesn't distract at all from the amazing feel and magnificance of the property.
Guests at Llanfendigaid have use of a 28' x 14' indoor heated swimming pool, this is shared with Dove Cottage, Stable Cottage and people staying at the small Caravan Club CL (certified location) on the estate. This is restricted to 5 pitches and is a good distance from the main house and secluded by trees.
The estate also boasts its own small walled garden where vegetables and other produce are grown - these are available to guests to buy subject to availability.
Llanfendigaid Estate is an "Enid Blyton Famous Five"
or perhaps in winter an "Agatha Christie" sort of place and
everything that goes with it. If you are not familiar with that
reference, please say so as it is important to make sure it will
suit you. Llanfendigaid is also not suitable for rowdy parties as
it is very old and not robust enough although more sedate parties
are fine. If you are looking for somewhere to hold a rowdy party,
please let us know as we may be able to suggest a better
A BEAUTIFUL WELSH HERITAGE
The house was originally built in the 13th century and was remodelled to its present design in 1746. The interior has been more recently improved whilst retaining its character; it boasts panelled walls, antiques, fine family portraits and a number of interesting items collected during travels around the world over the last 200 years. The history of the house and family is documented for visitors to read.
The house is perfect for those (old and young) looking to re-create Enid Blyton adventures - your own 'private' beach with caves, a rope swing in the woods, secret cupboards and hidden doorways
The Llanfendigaid Estate has been owned by the Nanney-Wynn family and their forebears since records began in AD 1241. An estate map from 1780 shows that the original estate stretched along the Welsh coast from Harlech in the north to Aberystwyth in the south. However, since the collapse of many of the great British estates in the 1920s, Llanfendigaid Estate has gradually reduced in size to a much smaller patch within the Snowdonia National Park on one of the most attractive stretches of the Welsh coastline.
THINGS TO DO
Excellent opportunities abound nearby for walking, bird watching, climbing and cycling. Nearby Tywyn (5 miles) has a sand and shingle beach and is the terminal of the Talyllyn Railway, one of the famous "Little Trains of Wales". Aberdyfi (7 miles) has a good choice of bars and restaurants, a first rate golf course and 5 miles of golden sand and dunes with excellent sailing.
- large hallway with historic portraits and views across front garden
- drawing room - pleasant room with sofas and views across front garden, log burning stove, Bose stereo/CD radio, books and magazines
- living room - spacious room with large corner sofa, large LG flatscreen TV, log burning stove, pretty window seats, views across front gardens
- dining room - magnificent room with historic portraits - see who you recognise - and dining table and refectory style seating fo 20
- kitchens (yes there are 2) with ample storage, cream Aga, electric Rangemaster stove, washing machine/dryer, microwave, dishwasher, very large fridge, chest freezer
- cloakroom & basin.
The first floor is approached via 2 staircases - one from the main hallway and the rear stairs from the kitchens
- large landing with antique rocking horse and stunning sea views
- bedroom 1 - super kingsize, walk in wardrobe, wooden cot in adjoining nursery annex (please bring your own cot linen), stunning views across gardens to sea
- bedroom 2 - kingsize bed, stunning views across gardens to sea
- bedroom 3 - pretty bedroom with kingsize bed, drawers, wardrobe
- bedroom 4 - another pretty bedroom with 2 windows, wardrobe, drawers
- bedroom 5 - twin beds, drawers, wardrobe
- bathroom - large room with large bath, large separate shower & basin, separate wc
- shower-room - another generous room with wc, wash basin and walk-in shower.
- bedroom 6 - double 'Africa' styled bedroom, wooden cot (please bring your own cot linen), drawers, hanging hooks, 2 low level sash windows - please supervise children
- bedroom 7 - twin beds, sea views, storage and hanging space
- bedroom 8 - twin beds, drawers
- bedroom 9 - small but interesting shaped room with some restricted headroom - single bedstead, storage
- bathroom - rolltop bath, wc, washbasin.
- the house is approached from a private driveway which sweeps through the lawned front gardens from the lane
- some outdoor furniture at the front of the house overlooking croquet lawn.
- plenty of additional seating and a firebowl (bring your own charcoal) in a secluded BBQ area set back from the lawns and provides an excellent hideaway for evening dining, although it is a walk back to the fridge
- use of 300 acres of farmland, woodland walks and seating benches with some of the best views in Wales
- ample parking.
- electricity, full oil central heating and Aga cooker included
- fresh bed linen and towels included, please bring your beach own towels
- 2 wooden cots available, please bring your own cot linens
- highchair available
- stairgate available for rear staircase - the design and width of the front staircase makes it unsuitable for a stairgate but if the doors from the dining room to the main hallway are closed this still gives ample space for little ones to explore without having access to the front staircase
- Wi-Fi available but given the location of the estate it is satellite based which is priced by the provider on a usage basis. For this reason only access for simple browsing and email is included in the rental - use of additional broadband is subject to additional fee paid direct to the owner as and when used
- Skype telephone available - again charged as used
- sorry - no pets.
- there is a stream in the grounds - children should be supervised. Children should also be supervised in and around the swimming pool
- Wi-Fi available but given the location of the estate it is satellite based which is priced by the provider on a usage basis. For this reason only access for simple browsing and email is included in the rental - use of additional broadband is subject to additional fee paid direct to the owner as and when used.
|Select length of stay||Hover over dates for prices||Click to book|
Normal changeover day - Saturday. Other days and short breaks welcome October to March outside school holidays. Please ask if your preferred dates are not available.
Security Deposit - £300. Payable with your balance and returned to you shortly after your stay subject to no damage or excessive cleaning. We pay the interest we earn on Security Deposits to the RNLI.
DISCOUNTS MAY BE AVAILABLE (ONE PER BOOKING APPLIES) :
LATE AVAILABILITY DISCOUNT
Unlet dates within 7 days are discounted by 20%, unlet dates within 14 days are discounted by 15%, unlet dates within 28 days are discounted by 10%, unlet dates within 56 days are discounted by 5%, applies to full week prices only.
LOW OCCUPANCY DISCOUNT
1-2 guests: 15% - minimum of 7
3-8 guests: 10% - minimum of 7 nights
LONG STAY DISCOUNT
5% discount will be applied to full weeks after the first week.
To see dates for all of our quality holiday properties in North Wales please go to our All Availability page.