Common questions about us and our cottages
HOW DO WE MAKE A BOOKING?
- Go to the page of your required property. Select your holiday dates using the calendar on the left hand side. If the dates are greyed out this means the property is unavailable. The changeover day for the property is highlighted in dark grey.
- Once you have selected your start date, you can adjust the number of nights using the drop down menu below the calendar
- Select your number of people and if you are bringing along a pet for your holiday. This will then show you your total holiday price. If you prefer you are also welcome to complete our enquiry form on the contact us page
- Once you are happy with your holiday dates, you can make your booking by clicking ‘book my holiday now’. This will take your through the booking form.
- Simply enter your contact details and your party details then select whether you would like to pay the deposit or full balance. You will then reach the secure Sage Pay portal to make your payment
- We require a non-refundable one third deposit to confirm a booking with the balance due 8 weeks before your stay. Your full rental is required if your holiday is due to commence in less than 8 weeks
- If you are paying online by Debit Card or Credit Card we’ll ask you to complete the transaction straight away. All card payments are handled securely online by SagePay. You are also welcome to pay by bank transfer (no fee) or send us a cheque
- Once we have received your deposit we will send you a confirmation email - this will detail the amount of your deposit, the amount of your balance and the date when this becomes due
- When you pay your balance we may also require a Security Deposit, this will be returned to you shortly after your stay subject to no damage or excessive cleaning.
- Once you have paid your balance we will send your Arrival Instructions with directions and details for keys.
If you have any queries or need help finding a suitable property please contact us - we add new properties throughout the year and may have an alternative property about to be registered. We also hold a cancellations list.
WHAT IF WE WANT TO ARRIVE IN THE NEXT 2 DAYS?
If you would like to book a holiday commencing in 2 days or less please get in touch by phone, email or by completing our contact form.
CAN WE STAY FOR MORE THAN 2 WEEKS?
If you are able to stay longer than 2 weeks again please get in touch with us by phone, email or by completing our contact form.
CAN WE BOOK FOR NEXT YEAR?
Many guests like to return year after year and popular properties can get booked up well in advance. We are happy to take bookings for holidays more than 12 months away. If 2017 pricing hasn’t been confirmed with the owner yet, we can provisionally book your holiday dates for you.
ARE THE PROPERTIES ACCESSIBILE?
Please notify us if you have any special requirements, if for example one of your group has mobility issues or worries. All of our properties are individual so please feel free to ask - we are more than happy to provide you with the relevant information to help you to choose a suitable property.
Prices include heating, hot water, electricity and fresh bed-linen.
Some rentals also include towels, WiFi and logs, please see individual property descriptions for details. Where towels are provided they are for use in the house and guests are asked to bring their own beach & pool towels.
In many properties baby equipment - travel cot, high chair and stair-gate - is available at no extra cost, where applicable please bring your own linens for the travel cot.
WHAT ABOUT CLEANING?
All properties are cleaned before and after your stay - extra cleaning and mid-week cleans may be available at an extra cost, please check with us before your arrival.
CAN WE SMOKE?
All properties are strictly non-smoking.
CAN I BRING MY DOG?
Well trained dogs are welcome only in the cottages indicated and an additional cost per dog is applicable. Dogs are not allowed in the bedrooms, bathrooms, on the furniture (especially not the beds) and should not be left unattended in the property. No other domestic pets can be accepted. At the end of your stay please remove all traces of dogs from the property garden.
ARRIVAL & DEPARTURE TIMES
Your arrival and departure times vary a little from property and are given on your Arrival Information. The time in between ensures the owners have time to prepare the property for your arrival and your co-operation in this is appreciated.
PONDS POOLS & HOT TUBS
Special care must be taken at properties with pools, hot tubs and ponds. Before entering hot tubs guests should shower and remove traces of sun tan cream and other products. Parents should ensure their Children are supervised at all times.
Some of our photographs have been taken with a wide angle lens to allow you to see as much of the interiors as possible. We have not used a fish-eye lens which can distort the image and make it appear larger than it really is.
QUERIES & ISSUES
We take care when selecting properties to find owners who share our views. However, as with all holiday cottage agencies, the rental agreement is direct with the owner. If you have any issues during your stay please tell the owner or their housekeeper immediately and they will do their best to fix it. In the unusual circumstance that the owner or housekeeper are unable to rectify the problem we are happy to offer assistance and advice in the role of an arbitrator. In that capacity we will work to resolve any problems. To reiterate, we work hard to find owners who care - we know through experience that the owners’ attitude toward looking after guests and the looking after their property are just as important as the property itself.